Stage 1: Getting Started
Stage 1 includes the following actions:
- Choosing your facade and floor plan – we will need a general idea of the style and layout that you would like.
- A meeting with our building designer to discuss your plans in detail. This will take place in our office in Southport, Queensland.
- Initial discussions with Council to confirm viability.
- Concept 3d drawings including the floor plan.
- 3d animation fly-around of your building.
- Pod inclusions: specifications, fixtures and fittings.
This cost comes off the Construction Contract price.
There are standard fixtures and fittings that are included in your contract. We also offer upgrades for any desired changes. Each upgrade comes with an additional cost.
Stage 2: Council Approval
Once the contract has been signed, the next step is DA Council Lodgement. This stage includes:
- Site survey
- Soil report for engineered footing specifications
- Waste Water application
- Preparation of documents for Council application
- Council DA lodgement fees (up to $1500)
- Home Warranty Insurance (Council requirement)
Payment: $TBA. Site Specific, on average allow $7,500
*Please note: the Council DA Lodgement fee only covers the DA up to $1500 it does not cover additional consultant reports Council may require – for example:
Flooding, Bushfire Assessments, Koala Survey, Geotechnical Reports, Council Contribution Fees, Sewerage and/or Stormwater.
Stage 3: Construction
Construction will usually take 16 weeks. We have a payment schedule for construction.
Payment 1: 20% Deposit
This is due once your building has been approved by Council to start construction.
Payment 2: 30% Lock Up
This is due once your roof, windows, doors and cladding is installed.
Payment 3: 30% Interior Progressing
This is due when paint, plaster and interior fit off is progressing.
Payment 4: 15% Completion Offsite
This is due once your building is complete and ready for transport at HOMElife.
Payment 5: 5% Final
This is due after your building is complete onsite and ready for handover.
Whilst construction is taking place, there are some client responsibilities that will need to be completed to ensure an efficient delivery and installation process. These include:
- Earthworks and providing a level site
- Tree removal and/or retaining walls
- Clear access for arrival and delivery including trees, gates, fences etc.
Service and Site Works
Onsite plumbing will need to be completed by your local plumber. The plumbing site works include:
- Water – Connection of mains town or tank water.
- Sewer – Connect floor wastes & points to the sewer system.
- Stormwater – Connect downpipes to approve discharge point eg tank, pit or street.
- Hot water – Installation of hot water if applicable (most plans allow for the hot water preinstalled).
- Onsite Council plumbing application (sewer and stormwater).
Onsite electrical works will need completing by your local electrician:
- Connection of mains electrical supply
The following items are the responsibility of the client:
- Driveway & paths
- Carport or garage
- Patio & decks (if not provided by HOMElife)
- Washing line